Core Values & Guiding Principles(Worldwide)
The Core Beliefs
We all adhere to the Moms in Prayer Statement of Faith, a personal acceptance of Jesus into one’s life as Saviour and Lord, and that Jesus is God.
We believe that through prayer God releases His power on behalf of our children and schools. Our faith is in God who hears and answers our prayers.
The Core Purpose
Mission Statement: Moms in Prayer International impacts children and schools worldwide for Christ by gathering mothers to pray.
Vision Statement: Our vision is that every school in the world would be covered with prayer.
The Core Priorities
- God First
- Family Second
- Ministry Third
The Core Format and Method
- One Accord Praying
- The Four Steps of Prayer
- Praying scripturally
- Praying specifically
- Evangelism praying
The Guiding Principles
- We are bond-servants of the Lord, completely dependent upon Him for guidance and help.
We do not trust in chariots or horses, but in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7
- We are a discipleship and a multiplication ministry.
Discipleship: teach women how to pray and trust God
Multiplication: every school prayed for by a group
- We have been called to serve in Moms in Prayer.
- We are accountable to represent the Moms in Prayer ministry and vision with love and integrity.
- We nurture, encourage and equip with a godly, gracious, uncritical spirit, setting an example of biblical womanhood and sexual purity.
- We strongly believe and support God-instituted, biblical marriage as the covenant relationship between one man and one woman.
- We have a message that brings encouragement and hope to mothers.
- We maintain strict confidentiality – what is prayed for in the group, stays in the group.
- We pray for children and schools.
We are not a lobbying group: Moms in Prayer International is not a lobbying group, regardless of how worthy the cause. Participation in outside political and social issues must be done solely on an individual basis. Under no circumstances should the Moms in Prayer International name be used in conjunction with outside issues.
We will communicate to our financial supporters with the highest professional standards of truth, accuracy, and propriety before God.